Sunday, May 15, 2011


May 1981: Bob Marley passed; Marti and I married. At our wedding thirty years ago in Washington DC Honey Boy Martin & The Unconquered People, a local nine-piece reggae band, celebrated our nuptials with the songs of Bob Marley and many other Rasta and R&B greats. Thanks to my friend Jayne for reminding me of this classic FM set. A special MIXTAPE FRIDAY for ya.

For a limited time you can download a free mp3 file set of this mixtape HERE (Click me).Enjoy!


Bob Marley & The Wailers
10-31-73
KSAN Broadcast
The Record Plant
Sausalito CA
01 Intro - Rastaman Chant
02 Bend Down Low
03 Slave Driver
04 Can't Blame The Youth
05 Stop That Train
06 Burnin' And Lootin'
07 Kinky Reggae
08 Get Up Stand Up
09 Lively Up Yourself
10 Walk The Proud Land – Outro
Bonus Tracks – Bob Marley’s Final Concert
09-23-80 Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh PA

11 Redemption Song
12 Coming In From The Cold
13 Could You Be Loved
14 Is This Love

This mixtape by Phil Demetrion.
Uploaded May 13, 2011 – Athens, Greece.
Download a free mp3 file set of this mixtape HERE (Click me).

(My apologies for the late post. Blogger was down for a time on Friday. And I’m currently traveling in Greece.)