Monday, July 11, 2016

Lang Lang

AT THE KEYBOARD . . .


Today in physical therapy I was listening to the great Chinese pianist Lang Lang on my stationary bike ride. I just pre-ordered New York Rhapsody, his forthcoming album, from iTunes. The preview single is a marvelous version of "Empire State Of Mind."


Marti and I are avid fans of this guy. We've gone to see him play a number of times. I even caught a free rehearsal session at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam one time. A few years ago we heard him give a solo concert at the fabulous Palau de la Musica Catalana in Barcelona.



We got to speak with him briefly at the CD signing after the concert. He was wearing a butter-soft leather jacket. I showed him the G Clef sox I was wearing in his honor. Nice dude.







Here's Lang Lang's appearance on the 56th annual Grammys with Metallica, performing "One."




And this is George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue," which will appear on the New York Rhapsody album. Here Lang Lang solos with Christian Thielemann, Staatskapelle Dresden, 2015.

No comments :

Post a Comment