Friday, March 11, 2011

Here’s a mix I originally assembled in 2005. I made a couple of edits for this version, but it’s essentially the same groove. No profound overarching theme going on, merely a selection of funky fun stuff by a few favorite artists on my CD shelves. Hope you find some items to like on the menu.

For a limited time you can download an mp3 file set of this mixtape HERE (Click me).Enjoy!

01 Musicology – Prince
02 Drop It Like It's Hot
- Snoop Dogg featuring Pharrell
03 Super Freak - Rick James
04 Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
- Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band
05 The Bottle - Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson
06 Never Can Say Goodbye - Charles Earland
07 Couldn't Get It Right - Stockholm Syndrome
08 Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters
- Buckshot LeFonque
09 Flesh Is Speaking - Natalia M. King
10 Crazy - Seal
11 (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right - Isaac Hayes
12 Cherish - Kool & The Gang
13 She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
14 Time Will Tell - The Black Crowes

This mixtape by Phil Demetrion. Original compilation: June 5, 2005 Paris.
This edit remixed March 10, 2011 – Paris.

Download an mp3 file set of this mixtape HERE (Click me).