Friday, February 25, 2011


The theme for this mixtape is simple: Marti and I have seen all of these performers in concert, most of them in the past several months. In the case of Patti Smith and Keith Richards, I’ve been immersed in their stories ever since I received the memoirs JUST KIDS and LIFE as Christmas gifts.

For a limited time you can download an mp3 file set of this mixtape HERE (Click me).Enjoy!

01 Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks - The National
02 If You See Her, Say Hello - Eric McFadden
03 Spirit On The Water - Bob Dylan
04 Jolene - Paula O'Rourke
05 Beautifully Broken (Live) - Gov't Mule
06 Warm In Winter - Devon Allman's Honeytribe
07 Ooh I Love My Coffee - Marc Black
08 In My Secret Life - Leonard Cohen
09 Russian LSD - Fiction Plane
10 The Magic - Joan As Police Woman
11 Paris 1919 - John Cale
12 That Feel - Tom Waits and Keith Richards
13 999 - Keith Richards
14 Helium Hag - Alan Merrill
15 Dancing Barefoot (Live) - Patti Smith
16 Running - Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie XX
17 The World-Bamboo Go-Illy Girl (Vicki Leexx Mixtape) – M.I.A.

This mixtape by Phil Demetrion. Compiled February 24, 2011 – Paris.
Photo: Marti and Phil Demetrion with Warren Haynes (Gov’t Mule), Bataclan Music Hall - Paris. June 23, 2010.

Download an mp3 file set of this mixtape HERE (Click me).